These terms and conditions govern Wellness Membership Gifts (called “Wellness Gifts” in these terms). Please read these terms carefully before you make your purchase. Separate terms and conditions will also apply to the gift recipient: Health Club Membership terms and conditions, Hatton Boxing terms and conditions and/or Wellness Bundle terms and conditions. The gift recipient will also be bound by the Club Rules. If you have any questions about Wellness Gifting, please ask a member of our Reception team.
1. In order to purchase a Wellness Gift, you do not need to be a Bannatyne member.
2. The following age restrictions apply to recipients of Wellness Gifts:
a. Health Club Membership is available to individuals aged 16 years or over;
b. Wellness Bundles are available to members aged 16 years of over; and
c. Hatton Boxing is available to members aged 16 years or over.
3. Wellness Bundles and Hatton Boxing can only be bought for existing active members as those services are not available to non-members.
Duration, Frozen Membership and Cancellation
4. Duration. All Wellness Gifts must be redeemed by 31 December 2019. Any Wellness Gifts not used by this date will expire and no alternative (cash or otherwise) will be available.
5. Frozen/suspended membership. If the gift recipient’s membership has been frozen or suspended, a Wellness Bundle or Hatton Boxing cannot be added to his/her membership until the membership is live again.
6. Cancellation by you. If you change your mind before the Wellness Gift has been redeemed by the gift recipient, you are entitled to a full refund within 14 days of purchase. Please note that if the Wellness Gift has already been redeemed by the gift recipient, clause 7 below applies.
7. Cancellation by gift recipient. Please see the separate Health Club terms and conditions, Wellness Bundle terms and conditions and/or the Hatton Boxing terms and conditions about the gift recipient’s cancellation rights.
Purchasing & Payment
8. How to Purchase. You can purchase Wellness Gifts at the Reception desk of any of our health clubs by using a credit or debit card.
9. Redemption. Once you have given the Wellness Gift to your gift recipient, he/she will need to come to Reception to activate the Wellness Gift, in which:
a. Health Club Membership – either: (i) a 1, 3, 6 or 12-month individual membership will be created for the gift recipient; or (ii) the value of the Wellness Gift will be added to the gift recipient’s membership as a credit balance and each month, the monthly membership fee will be drawn down from the credit balance;
b. Wellness Bundle – the value of the Wellness Gift will be added to the gift recipient’s membership as a credit balance, and the chosen Wellness Bundle will be added to his/her membership. Each month, the monthly fee for the Wellness Bundle will be drawn down from the credit balance; or
c. Hatton Boxing - the Hatton Boxing will be added to his/her membership.
10. Prices. Prices for Wellness Gifts are held at 2018 prices, so are protected from any 2019 price increases. However, if the gift recipient wishes their Health Club Membership, Wellness Bundle or Hatton Boxing to continue into 2020, the prices that will apply will be the then current pricing.
11. Offers. A Wellness Gift cannot be used with any other discount, offer or promotion, except, in the case of Health Club Membership Wellness Gifts, where joining fees have been waived or reduced. Please also see clause 14.
12. What the Wellness Gift can be used for. Wellness Gifts can be used as full or part payment for Health Club Memberships, for Wellness Bundles and/or for Hatton Boxing. Wellness Gift card balances can also be used for personal training sessions, café bar spend, retail stock purchases, locker hire, towel hire, spa treatments, products or spa days, tennis lessons and/or guest passes.
13. Health Club and Spas only. Wellness Gifts can only be used to pay for services at Bannatyne Health Club and Spas.
14. Joining Fee. If a Health Club Membership Wellness Gift is purchased in which a joining fee has been paid for, if no joining fee applies at the time the Wellness Gift is redeemed, the gift recipient may use the remaining balance towards other services in accordance with clause 12.
15. Balance. The balance of the Wellness Gift can be checked in your local Bannatyne Health Club or by calling 0344 477 4777.
16. Wellness Gifts cannot be used to pay for gift card/voucher purchases or payment in any Bannatyne Hotel.
17. Wellness Gifts cannot be exchanged for cash or any other part or full payment towards anything other than those services set out in clause 12 above.
18. Purchase of a Hatton Boxing Wellness Gift is not automatic acceptance onto a Hatton Boxing course as the course is subject to availability.
19. Purchase of a Health Club Membership is not automatic acceptance of the gift recipient’s membership application.
20. Any credit balance added to the gift recipient’s membership as a result of redeeming a Wellness Gift can only be used for payment of services (in accordance with clause 12) and cannot be used to set-off against any debt accrued on the recipient’s membership.
21. Treat the Wellness Gift as cash. If a Wellness Gift is lost or stolen, we can cancel it to stop anyone spending your balance and issue you with a new Wellness Gift, but we cannot refund any balance that has already been spent on a lost or stolen Wellness Gift. If your Wellness Gift is lost or stolen, please contact us immediately on 0344 477 4777.
22. Bannatyne is not responsible for any unauthorised use of the Wellness Gift.
23. Once the gift recipient has redeemed the Wellness Gift, the Wellness Gift is personal to him/her and cannot be transferred to any other person.
24. Wellness Gifts are promoted by Bannatyne Fitness Limited, Power House, Haughton Road, Darlington, Co. Durham, DL1 1ST with registered company number 03287770.
Sign up to our newsletter